Friday, November 13, 2015

Deep Into Autumn

We're deep into autumn!  The last trees have turned and most of the leaves are already down.  Our days are now rainy and misty - sitting in front of the fire is so enticing.  But it's been a busy autumn without much time for that so far!





Henry moved (with his parents) to Santa Barbara and I spent a week visiting and sight seeing.  The Botanic Gardens are a great place to spend a day and while I was there they had a fibers exhibit - Dormant Dreams, which was designed around the question of what plants in hot climates dream about during their summer dormancy slumbers.  Various artists from a local yarn group participated.



In October, it was also time to work on Charlie's Halloween costume.  She usually picks something that is a bit challenging - this year was no exception!  Here is her majesty Cleopatra in all her glory!  I've been forewarned that next year I will most likely be planning how to create Ashoka Tano for her - from the Star Wars universe for those of you not into that.  Hmmm ....


Things have quieted down now, and I'm spending my days listening to the rain and working on a Christmas quilt.  I'll get back to that fire when I can!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment: