Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Inspiration - Bird Quilts

I started looking for inspiration for the bird quilt I'm planning and found several fun ones!


This one from the 10000birds.com website shows the birds off nicely without a lot of pattern and looks like a good way to feature a lot of different birds.  It was made for a baby shower for one of the website contributors.

  
This is the best photograph I could find of a beautiful quilt created by Dorothy Opal Jones.  Each bird is hand painted and includes flowers or foliage as nice backgrounds.




I like the way Janet created this quilt from pieced shapes and still was able to get enough details in that one can tell the species of the bird.  You can see the details on her blog.




And I love the minimalist design of Victoria Gertenbach's bird quilt with the splashes of color and black thread work details.

Now it's off to the drawing board for my quilt!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment: