Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Cotlin Cloche



Autumn in Phoenix is a little spring-like ... the temperatures cool off and everyone is outdoors again, flowers bloom, plants revive!  When rain is on the way, sunrises turn gorgeous!  Even the cactus seem more colorful.








So when I went looking for a new hat to crochet and found a spring type lacy cloche it seemed perfect.  Around here you don't need a heavy duty hat - just something to take the chill off!

 

This is Linda Permann's Little Sister Hat - the pattern for sizes baby through adult is available free here.  I used KnitPick's Cotlin and needed to use a smaller hook than called for to get the gauge, so be sure to make a gauge sample!  I'm usually right on, but not this time.

However, since I do spend part of the winter in the Northwest, I'm still looking for a warmer hat.  To be continued!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment