Monday, July 15, 2013

Third Anniversary!


It's hard for me to believe, but this week is the third anniversary of this blog!  When I first started, I had a vague worry that I wouldn't be able to come up with enough fiber art projects and inspirations to keep going - ha!!  Entering the fourth year I feel like I've barely begun exploring the genre.  It seems like the more I do, the more ideas I get!  And thank you, thank you to everyone who reads Art Threads and gives me even more of a reason to keep going with it!  Your readership, comments, and encouragement mean a lot to me.

Usually on my anniversary week, I have Christmas in July - I've loved that concept ever since I was little!  However, this year I'm delaying it and will have Christmas in August, with new ornament patterns and some new embroidery.  Work on the farm still continues to occupy most of my time - very, very rewarding and very, very time consuming!  Progress is being made, however ....

We have nine lawns - yes, nine.  They have been beaten back into lawn shape and we're now plotting which ones will go first - nine lawns are too many for anyone without a permanent landscaper on the payroll!  


Little c's playground has had the wasp and hornet nests removed and new bark chips piled high so the little daredevil will hopefully bounce when she falls!


There are piles of sand and gravel delivered and waiting to be spread ....



And if you noticed the pasture behind that last pile, it needs to be cut - so that means looking for someone to do it since we don't yet have a tractor!  Luckily the front pasture is being nicely manicured by a neighbor's horses.  Best workers ever!


The raspberry canes are almost reclaimed from the huge weeds and grass ...


And the chicken coop has been cleaned, refurbished, and has six new residents!  Their outdoor run is almost finished and I think they're anxiously awaiting being able to be outside.  


These are the girls a month and a half ago ...


and here they are now!  Minus a shy Rhodie.  She's still here and doing great, but hard to get rounded up!


And if I get enough sand shoveled into the chicken run today, I can actually spend tomorrow embroidering on my tiger moth piece and have more of it to show you on Wednesday!

Happy Creating!  Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment