Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Knit Baby Washcloths


... and mouse bootees for a new baby girl I know!  I don't usually buy crochet patterns - instead I work at making my own pattern.  However, after way too many tries at getting one that I liked as much as these, I gave in and ordered the pattern from Laura Eccleston's Happy Berry Crochet Etsy shop.  She also has a website where she offers quite a few free patterns.  The instructions come as a PDF and were easy to follow.  The bootees crocheted up fairly quickly after a few false starts caused mainly by finding the right gauge and tension to use - if you try these, crochet them very tightly!  Also, switching to a D hook helped.


I also knit up three baby washcloths from Knitpick's Cotlin.  I love this yarn - it's so soft and stays soft even after tons of trips through the washer!  I made them the same way as the knit dishcloths I've been making (instructions here) except I cast on 30 stitches and kept knitting until they were square.  The crocheted edge is the one I put on the striped dishcloths from this past post.  And for the striped baby washcloth, I cast on with color A and knit 19 rows, switched to color B and knit 8 rows, then 4 rows with color C, 8 more with color B, and finished with 19 of color A.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Those mouse booties are SO CUTE! 'Love the wash cloths, too! Thank you for joining the blog hop! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete