Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Project - Shibori Temptations


  
I'm in the middle of two projects and after buying a new shibori book, I'm having to use all my will power to not get side tracked and start something new!  English textile artist Mandy Southan's Shibori Designs and Techniques is amazing!  Even if you have no intention of trying out the projects, the photos are beautiful to just look at.


Part of the draw of this book is the vibrant colors she uses - and I am totally mesmerized by these colors!  However, it's also the great photo illustrations that make the shibori projects look doable.  I've done some of these techniques before, but they haven't turned out like this!





And these leaves .... I'm getting lots of ideas for these!











Awhile ago I ordered some silk velvet scarves and I now know what to do with them.  I just need to get the denim quilt and art leaf projects finished ...





When I look at this, though, I have to refocus!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment